Pet dental care is more than just cleaning teeth…
An in-hospital dental cleaning involves the following procedures:
-General anesthesia, which is necessary in all cases for us to do a thorough dental exam and professional cleaning. Your pet will be continuously monitored during and after the procedure for the safest and most comfortable experience.
– A complete dental exam will be performed.
– Ultrasonic and hand scaling to remove plaque and tartar above and below the gum line.
– Polishing to smooth the surface of the teeth after scaling.
– Flushing to remove dislodged tartar, plaque, and bacteria from the mouth.
– If it’s determined that an infected tooth requires extraction, or there is a problem with the gums that must be addressed, further oral surgery will be recommended.
A thorough dental chart is used to record the dental health of your pet and any procedures done during the dental cleaning. You will also receive before and after pictures of your pet’s teeth.