Puppy Preschool with Certified Trainer and CVT, Kacey Drefahl.
Puppy Preschool is a 4-week course for puppies between 8 and 12 weeks old.
Cost: $125 – 4-week session
Requirements: Up-to-date on age-appropriate vaccines and proof of negative fecal.
About Our Class
- The classes run for one hour and are scheduled by open enrollment.
- Classes start with 5 minutes of puppy play time.
- 10 minutes will be dedicated to lecture time on the topic of the night.
- Time will then be dedicated to new things, such as exploring new toys, different walking surfaces, noise and children toys, and getting comfortable on an exam table.
- Next, it will be time to “pass the puppy”!
- The class will end with 5 minutes of puppy play time.
Our puppy socialization class is a clicker and positive reinforcement based class.
Our goal is to:
- Help you and your puppy communicate better.
- Evoke positive behavior.
- Make your puppy more comfortable in a wide range of situations.
The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) notes that behavioral issues are the number one cause of relinquishment to shelters.
Children in the family are encouraged to join in the class and help with training!
Classes begin June 19th
Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 pm at our Janesville location
Did you know?
Those adorable “puppy eyes” aren’t an inadvertent expression of canine emotion; they’re a deliberate ploy to get our attention. Puppies (and adult dogs) have learned that raising their eyebrows, which makes their eyes appear bigger and sadder, makes them magnets for human attention. According to one study from 2017, dogs are more likely to make dramatic facial expressions like puppy-dog eyes when they know humans are watching. And it works. Research has shown that shelter puppies who put on such faces get adopted more quickly than dogs that show other behaviors, like wagging their tails.
Dogs are as Smart as 2-year-old Kids. The finding is based on a language development test, revealing average dogs can learn 165 words (similar to a 2-year-old child), including signals and gestures, and dogs in the top 20 percent in intelligence can learn 250 words!
Enroll for Puppy Preschool
We look forward to seeing you for Puppy Preschool! Complete the form below to register for our first session beginning June 19th.
Puppy Preschool is offered at our Janesville location.